With the entering of Reliance Jio in Telecom sector, many users wants to port their existing mobile number to Reliance Jio or to other company as other telecom companies have also started attractive plans.
What is Mobile Number Portability (MNP)?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility allows users to switch to a new Mobile Service Provider in the same Licensed Service Area (LSA), while retaining their existing mobile number. The new Mobile Service Provider will provide a new SIM card.
Porting will be completed within seven working days except for Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East Service Areas where 15 days time has been prescribed.
Who can avail MNP facility?
Any Mobile Subscriber, irrespective of Pre-Paid and Post-Paid (GSM / CDMA), can switch over to other Service Provider. Eligibility conditions for porting are as follows:-
- There are no outstanding payments due from the subscriber by way of pending bill or bills, as the case may be, issued as per the normal billing cycle but before the date of application for porting
- The porting request has been made after the expiry of a period of ninety days from the date of activation of a new connection or from last porting;
- No request for change of ownership of the mobile number is under process;
- Subscriber has applied for porting within LSA (Licensed Service Area)
- Porting of the concerned mobile number has not been prohibited by any Court of Law
- The unique porting code mentioned in the porting request matches with the unique porting code allocated by the Donor Operator for the mobile number sought to be ported
- The subscriber has complied with exit clause for the present connection.
How can I port to a new Mobile Service Provider?
The salient steps involved are given below:-
- The subscriber will have to visit the new Mobile Service Provider’s Service Centre or Authorised Dealer to request for porting of his/her mobile number. Fill in a Service Registration Form and pay the porting fees for processing.
- The subscriber will have to send a SMS to Donor Operator to request for UPC (Unique Porting Code) using short code 1900 from the mobile number which is sought to be ported.
- To avail the MNP service the subscriber needs to send SMS PORT followed by 10 Digit Mobile Number to 1900 and they will get UPC porting code by SMS (e.g. PORT XXXXXXXXXX and send it to 1900)
- Upon receipt of the SMS, the Donor operator shall forthwith send back a reply SMS containing a unique porting code through an automated system. Subscriber will fill the UPC in the Application form for porting.
- In case the subscriber’s Caller Line Identification does not match with the ten digit mobile number, UPC shall not be allotted but a message shall be generated to inform such subscriber that the CLI does not match with the mobile number.
- UPC allocated to a subscriber shall be valid for a period of fifteen days from the date of request or such time till the number is ported out, whichever is earlier.
- For all service areas except Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East licensed areas the validity for the UPC shall be for a period of thirty days from the date of request or till such time the number is ported out, whichever is earlier, irrespective of number of requests the subscriber makes.
- The subscriber will be issued a new SIM card by the new service provider.
- Upon approval of porting request, the new Mobile Service Provider will inform the subscriber
As per TRAI Guidelines, the cost for migrating to a new network is Rs 19. However, the new operator will have the option to either waive off the fee or give a discount to the subscriber. BSNL has waived off the fee for the potential customers.
FAQs on MNP
Can I apply for a fresh MNP after I port my number to a new service provider?
Yes, there is no fixed limit on how frequently you can shift to the new operator. However, once switched to a new operator you cannot shift again to the new operator for a period of 90 days. You cannot make more than one porting request at a time to different Mobile Service Providers.
Where can I register a complaint if I do not get service on time?
You can register the complaint to TRAI.
How much do I need to pay for MNP?
The cost for migrating to a new network is Rs 19. However, the new operator will have the option to either waive off the fee or give a discount to the subscriber. BSNL has waived off the fee for the potential customers.
Where can I apply for MNP?
You will have to visit the new Mobile Service Provider’s Service Centre or Authorised Dealer to request for porting of his/her mobile number. Fill in a Service Registration Form and pay the porting fees for processing.
Will I still enjoy the same Services during the porting process?
Yes, you will still enjoy the same Services, except for International Roaming Services, which your current Mobile Service Provider may suspend upon your porting request.
Do I need to cancel my existing services before I port to a new Mobile Service Provider?
No, you do not have to cancel your existing services. Your existing services with the current Mobile Service Provider will automatically be terminated once you have successfully ported to the new Mobile Service Provider.
Can I cancel my port request after applying for porting? Will I get a refund?
Yes, you may cancel your port request with your new Mobile Service Provider within 24 hours of making the port request.
What is No Service Period?
There will be a two-hour span when your services will be disrupted; this is the No Service Period. We will communicate you the actual time by SMS.
How long does it take to port to the new Mobile Service Provider?
As prescribed by the TRAI, Porting will be completed within seven working days except for Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and North East Service Areas where 15 days time has been prescribed.